View Single Post
Unread 10-23-2018, 08:44 AM   #9
Romstar81
User

I agree. There is no way of knowing where this thing came from. The most likely story of its existence is that it was used by some reservist. The mis-matched holster and obvious wear on it make it seem like one that was either thrown together quick for some poor SOB reserve soldier that was going to see his final days in combat or, was personal property of someone that used it to fight. Officers usually carried smaller pistols but I thought they also sometimes used their own gun they purchased or had. Hard to say...Ill let the SS story go since I think it is the more doubtful of any.
Now, the card game story and/or finding it in a pile near a munitions factory...id say those theories are low on the spectrum of possibility since the person that we got this from was not one to be totally full of S---;however, I do understand if some on this board are used to people like that and just expect that of others when giving and/or receiving items or information. Though luck for you there...sorry.
Romstar81 is offline   Reply With Quote