Unread 10-01-2018, 10:16 AM   #11
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanchambe View Post
A luger expert came to our area and I showed him the gun today. He said he would give me $700 for it, but since I had the original certificate from the commander, it would be worth $800. The magazine clip does not match, but because it was in Normandy, it may be worth a little more. I went to a local firearms dealer who said he would only pay about $400 for it since there are so many similar lugers in the market.

As to the local gun dealer who only offered you $400.00, just ask him to show even one Luger in today's market that is available for anywhere near that price. He won't be able to do it.

If you are actually considering selling this gun, my advice is DON'T

You should consider this gun a family heirloom. It is part of your dad's history... he fought for our freedom, and brought home this war trophy...and can you imagine telling your own child, or your grandchildren about it years from now about him leaving this legacy to you, and they ask where is it now, and you tell them you sold it! --- how will you feel then? What lesson would you be teaching them about honoring their ancestry? Think hard about the answer because Once it is gone, it is gone forever.

The Luger that my Dad brought back, (He was 9th Infantry Division), and left to me when he passed, is a mismatched shooter class gun, ...but it will always be priceless to me, and my heritage.

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 7 members says Thank You to John Sabato for your post: