Thread: Not extracting
View Single Post
Unread 08-13-2018, 09:53 PM   #37
Rick W.
User

My friends tell me that the Serbian 30 Luger is more stout than the Fiocchi 30 Luger. Just hearsay on my part, I am a handloader for many years.

Some of your pictures suggest a short stroke on the toggle movement, could be a lot of things like too strong a recoil spring, or ammo that is on the soft side. With the breechblock picts colliding with the middle of the next cartridge, suggests the same thing. You might look at the cartridges that got caught in the action, there oughta be a mark from the lower section of the breechblock face on said case. Might be hard to see, but a black magic marker is your friend.

One might consider placing a piece of cheapo masking tape at the rear of the pistol, to see if the rear link ears are banging the rear of the frame around the lanyard ring. If no mark, a short stroke is possible; if marked; then the toggle is fully retracting.

I cannot see how the bullet nose causes extraction/ejection issues, but my comprhensional skills are down now.

With the holdopen jazz, the issues with such can be many. Taking a grip off and watching the magazine button/holdopen interface might help. These pistols are not new anymore, so surfaces may wear and round if you will. Sounds like in the postings, that the holdopen can work on occasion at least.
Rick W. is offline   Reply With Quote