Thread: Collectables
View Single Post
Unread 04-04-2001, 07:09 AM   #6
Marvin
User

Default Re: Collectables

Mike,

i think you and G.T. both have some valid points. I agree that the price of most collectable Lugers have stayed in a "flat" postiion for a while now, but I hope that the recent influx of the Russian reblues will get others into the hobby of collecting Lugers. If this does happen, many of these new Luger collectors will begin to buy the more collectable pieces and then the price may start to climb again. Collecting is almost a 2 edged sword; we want to buy them for a low price and then be able to sell them at a high price. We can't have our "cake and eat it too"! For Luger collectors, we can't look at the short term monetary gain, but must look ahead and hope they will increase in value over a number years.

Another reason to purchase collectable Lugers are the historical and artistic value which they bring. This is the reason I collect them, for historical value and for the type machining whcih was done from the beginning of Luger manufacture. With this being my primary reason, I also hope the value will increase as an added benefit to me. Just a fe of my thoughts on Luger collecting.

Marvin