View Single Post
Unread 04-04-2001, 12:55 AM   #2
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,583 Times in 989 Posts
Default Nothing is ever as it seems!

Hello Mike! And welcome to the forum! You have put forth some very interesting questions....I shall try to give you my opinion on the subject with as objective of view as is possible. #1) The reason the there is so many collector grade lugers available is because there were many, many thousands produced, and very few were in action. Another factor is that most all were surrendered or captured.....hence the term war trophy....the P.08 was not only brought back as a war trophy during the war years, but continued to find there way into the country during the occupation years and beyond.....There is a lot of them in this country, "rare and elusive but ever present"!

#2) A thousand dollars makes any pistol rare to most of the working class, and even one pistol of this caliber is a collection in it's self!

#3) the luger holds its's value or continues to gain simply because more and more collectors are becomming aware of the Lugers mystic.....old world craftsmanship, combined with historical significance......It was desirable then, it's desirable now!

#4) THE LUGER IS, AND WILL MOST LIKELY REMAIN THE MOST COLLECTED PISTOL IN THE WORLD!! To my knowledge this has been stated many times, and has been disputed by no one!!

#5) We can only hope that the anti-gun faction will not succeed in their quest to disarm the free men of the world!

Again, welcome Mike to the forum! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! till...later....G.T.