View Single Post
Unread 03-12-2018, 08:28 PM   #14
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,583 Times in 989 Posts
Default progress!

Hi to all! Well, this little problem amounted to about 200 rounds going down range for very little gain, but, I think that Vlim, Rick and Dwight ( he posted a thread about this some time ago?)are spot on!!! ... This morning back to the range, and as a last ditch effort, switched out extractors...., and boom... 100% through 22 rounds.. another issue cropped up and stopped my fun, but the unit was doing everything perfect..... Now, the original extractor looks like the poster child for excellent extractors, clean and sharp.. but as Rick said, sharp might not be what we think it is??? ... Also, as an attempt to improve recoil energy, I used 124 grain ball, and that seems to be a good thing as well...
Now for the bad, I have one more drum of the current 15 going to NUMRICH to complete, as I held them back in lieu of an improvement, and I think that will happen.. But, I am as sick as a desert dog right now with a respiratory flu that has kicked all of me, especially my A**! ... So, sorry to say, I will be down and out for about a week as I try to recover from this creeping crud! Keep trying and testing and learning, I will be back as soon as I can be... Thanks again to all, and best to all as well, til....lat'r...GT...til....lat'r....GT
G.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 3 members says Thank You to G.T. for your post: