Thread: Stoeger Luger
View Single Post
Unread 07-19-2017, 07:38 PM   #10
Kyrie
User

I’ve never had one of the Stoeger .22 Lugers. If you can find a magazine I’d love a range report!

ERMA did a sub-caliber Luger design, and these frequently come up on Gun Broker (especially, for some reason, the carbine versions). Here is one of the ERMA pistols, sold under the model designation “LA 22”:

These were well made, but composed of fragile materials. It was said there were two kinds of LA 22 owners, “Those owners looking for parts and those owners who would be looking for parts.” I started out as the second type of owner, and quickly graduated to be the first type.

ERMA also made versions in 7,65 Browning (.32 ACP) and 9 mm kurz (.380 ACP), and these were all steel, well made, and durable, Here is one of the .32 ACP guns:

The Spanish gun maker Emilio Alonoso produced a .22 Luger based loosely on the ERMA design under the model designation “LUR”:

The proof year code “N*1” indicated submission to the Eibar Proof House in 1968. Hese guns were a very small step up in quality from the ERMA LA 22.

Best,

Kyrie
Kyrie is offline   Reply With Quote