Thread: Dutch Lugers
View Single Post
Unread 06-19-2002, 10:14 PM   #6
Pete Ebbink
User

Hello Ed,

Being a Dutch-Indonesian immigrant, I have developed an interest in Dutch lugers, as well. I am hunting for a "KOL" luger.

The 1928 contract for the East and West Indies were stamped with a KL encircled (thus KOL). Only the 1928 contract had this KOL stamp on the right side of the receiver. The authors of The Dutch Luger book surmise KOL stands for the Dutch word for "the Colonies" (which is spelled in Dutch with a K).

I think only 100 lugers or less ever made it to the West Indies, so they seem much more rare of the KOL's...

Below are some photos of a Dutch luger I have in my library from that 1928 KOL contract...

I am a bit concerned that the brass tag on this luger has all upper case letters. As I look at The Dutch Luger Book, most brass tags have upper and lower case characters for the abbreviated Dutch words...also, could not find a reference in the book for what "KT" means..."Mgd." stands for medical corps.

Would appreciate any opinions from others on the Forum who are Dutch experts...as to all upper case letter (if a problem) and what "KT" might mean...

Pete Ebbink is offline   Reply With Quote