View Single Post
Unread 02-16-2017, 10:23 PM   #15
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,583 Times in 989 Posts
Default Settling??

Although it may sound like a foreign language, once you have a drum staring you in the face... it all makes sense! .... Settling is the taking up, of all, under pressure, the extra room between the swing arm pushing the rounds, up to the feed lips restraining them!
If, when you finish loading the drum, you can apply some pressure, (squeeze!) against the winding lever, the whole ammo column will compress and realign any extra space that is available... you can get the same result by tapping on the drum with a wood dowel or hammer handle... But, the key point, is, the easier you can settle the rounds, (as in just hand pressure?) the better it will work!!!!!! If I received a drum... I would take it apart... and polish all the contact surfaces to a mirror finish!!!! I've already taken them to 320 or better..... any thing you polish further will help?... It's that simple... the ability of the drum to fit, and live / last, is already taken care of thru my revisions... FUNCTION??? Is a whole nother matter, depending on ammo, drum, and Luger... and you?.... Best to all, and the quest continues... best to my forum family, til...lat'r....GT...
G.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to G.T. for your post: