View Single Post
Unread 02-16-2017, 11:13 AM   #13
spacecoast
User

OK, I had to put the drum, loading tool and loading assist strut down for a few days but was able to spend some more time with them early this morning and I think I might actually have a chance of getting this to work. We'll find out when I get out to the range this weekend.

Like Don, I find it easier to load a round or two first by hand to discourage the follower from popping out the top of the magazine. I also used a drop or two of oil every few rounds per a how-to I read by George Anderson.

It was instructional to take apart the drum and see exactly what is going on inside. As usual, I managed to do things the hard way by forgetting to wind the spring before this morning's disassembly. It made for a bit of a greasy mess getting things back together (the issue being taming the mag spring back into place with some compression), but I managed to get it done and all seems well after a follow-up disassembly and re-assembly (after WINDING THE DRUM SPRING FIRST).

While I was in there I took a few pictures to hopefully enlighten some of you on the innards of the drum. You can see the generous amount of red grease inside. I believe that some of the areas where the bluing appears removed may be those polished by G.T. during the tuning process.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0458.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	64098  

Name:	IMG_0459.JPG
Views:	23
Size:	179.5 KB
ID:	64099