View Single Post
Unread 02-01-2017, 11:28 PM   #80
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,583 Times in 989 Posts
Default Drums out, feedback needed!!

Hi to all, well, I've been sending 6 GT marked drums and loaders a week back to NUMRICH for sale, but as of yet, had little interest, or feedback, or both?.... But, no problem, time will tell if we were successful or not on the revisions performed... I have found thru testing, that if there is a weak point on your Luger, the drum will bring it out fast! ........Most definitely, if your Luger has a weak extractor spring, failure to eject, and smoke stack, stove pipe jams are going to be the norm... A rounded extractor nose will show the same problems??.. The drums I've sent out, are all now lubricated with red tacky grease... pretty much like all the originals I've cleaned and re-lubed... Dry lubes will probably work fine, and are a lot less mess, but the grease works and is easy to clean out and change if desired.. bottom line, lube of some type is required... One thing, if loaded with commercial ammo, the grease can, and probably will kill the primers?? It has on some of the live test rounds I used repeatedly... But, the most important BOTTOM LINE, is you're going to have jams!! Mostly failure to eject! BE CARFULL!!!! Safety first, STOP, WAIT,and then, clear the jam.. Its a thought process thing.. you learn it fast when things go wrong all of the time!!! I'm certainly not here to preach, as most of you have far more experience than I, but I would feel pretty sad if someone got hurt messing with items I've had a hand in repairing! Best to all, and let's hear about the success and or failure of our quest!... Best to all, til...lat'r....GT
G.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to G.T. for your post: