View Single Post
Unread 09-16-2016, 02:40 PM   #9
KABAR2
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecoast View Post
Thanks Allen, that's the extent to which it's spelled out in the rules (not counting the opinion letters). The question is specifically directed to cases of holsters/stocks which are faithful reproductions of the originals, which is what the first opinion letter was intended to address. As Jerry mentioned, a lot of those repros have been sold over the decades, and one wonders (at least I do) how many of those owners have or have not applied and paid for their NFA stamp.
The operative part of the sentence as I read it is "However, certain stocked handguns, such as original semiautomatic Mauser “Broomhandles” and Lugers, have been removed from the purview of the NFA as collectors’ items."

The pistols themselves, Broomhandles , Luger Navies & Artillery Lugers have been removed from Purview of the NFA regs..... the guns themselves so attaching a faithful repro stock or original no longer is an issue as it is outside the NFA regs..... so as long as the gun is on the list of arms listed there is no issue ... I have a Beretta M1918-30 carbine it has a barrel less than 16" but ATF says it has historical interest so it is not a SBR.... it's all in how the ATF lawyers word it....
KABAR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 members says Thank You to KABAR2 for your post: