View Single Post
Unread 09-15-2016, 02:31 PM   #13
rhuff
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Eric,

If you are comfortable with care and cleaning of 1911s, then you should have no problems with your Luger. They are all machines.....although some are beautiful machines!!

I have a tendency to run all of my handguns fairly well lubed, and because I live in a warm climate, I do use more than just oil on the heavy friction areas(slide/frame, toggle/frame, etc.). I have been pleased with TW25b grease for a number of years now, including on subguns. I use a good quality gun oil on the less heavy friction areas like the toggle train junctions, etc.

I agree with Marc about not doing extensive breakdowns after every range trip. To me, it just isn't necessary. I do keep my guns clean and lubed, but not OCD about it.

I will suggest that if you are going to be shooting your Mauser that you purchase a few Mec-Gar aftermarket mags to use and save the originals. The original mags have a tendency to break the plastic bases when loaded fully. You don't want that to happen.....I assume.

Stick with std. velocity quality ammo in 115-124gr FMJRN, and avoid any +P,+P+, or NATO ammo. Enjoy.
rhuff is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to rhuff for your post: