View Single Post
Unread 09-14-2016, 09:45 PM   #9
Tango3
User

Thanks all: Ben, Don, rhuff, Marc.
Don, I bought this for shooting so while having all the accessories would still be nice, I figured that my use of it was going to hurt the collectability side of things.
As to the weapon itself, everything was pristine except the grip screws which had the slots slightly damaged. I'll replace those.

One thing I haven't seen that I could use direction on is lubrication. All my pistols are, up to this point, 1911s and I'm real familiar with their key lub areas and amounts. But a Parabellum? Yes, I figure that the rails need it, just like the 1911s, but what else and how much? I haven't read anything about this and have found only one YouTube vid that showed this. On this vid oil was applied liberally to just about every piece of metal in and on the weapon with special emphasis on all pins. What made me a little unsure of this was that the owner kept dry firing his weapon constantly which seems to be a large no-no with the Parabellum. Makes me sort of question his lub suggestions. So suggestions are welcomed, gents.

I'm also new to blued pistols, of which my Parabellum is one. All my 1911s have other finishes...IonBond, stainless steel, Duty Treatment (Dan Wesson finish option), Hard Chrome, and a couple with the surface applied paint. Some of these are fussy with solvents or lubricants or both. For instance, Duty Treatment gets permanently blotchy with certain CLPs and Renaissance Wax and the use of such substances means living with the look or a refinish. What are the do's/don'ts with a blued weapon?

I always field strip and clean my pistols after every shooting session and am assuming that that is the recommended procedure most Parabellum owners employ? Detail strip and clean/lub every 5000 rounds. Same with Parabellums?

Finally, this beauty seems to have a lot of springs. How often does one change them? I know the average number of rounds that I can run in my 1911s before I should consider a spring change. So I keep a detailed shooting journal on each and every one of my 1911s so as to know when I'm getting close to those round count points. I plan on doing this with my Parabellum of course, hence my previous question. Help please.

If any of you have important suggestions on items I haven't mentioned, please sing out! Something like...since my pistola is an Interarms Parabellum that has never been shot, is there a break in period? Should mags be pre loaded to pretension the mag springs?

Thanks,
Eric
Tango3 is offline   Reply With Quote