View Single Post
Unread 08-01-2016, 03:18 AM   #13
Brien
User

Default Thanks

Ed,

It flips as strong as an m1 flip sight. It takes a bit of effort to move it. I haven't fired it so I have no idea if it stays in position.
Quite likely it does judging by the effort to move it. I just found the sight to be intriguing. It is a parts pistol. .30 cal. Frame and barrel match. Though it started out as a 1939 model. Skillfully ground off. If hold it to the light you just make out the 639. The breach and extractor match but the center link and toggle do not. If you guys would like better pictures just let me know and u will post them.

My plan was to take this piece and drop in a navy toggle. If this is A keep able oddity I have to work on another frame. Having handled a navy, I think I prefer the shorter barrels. The 4 3/4 is.just short enough and long enough to make mini navy shooter.

In the near future I'll work on a range report for it. Everyone's enthusiasm and support do a great job at helping with any buyers regret. I can buy firearms in short bursts. My clung is about a grand.
BTW
I've taken everyone advice. I have fred Datig book, John walters book,kenyon lugers at random and luger variations.

Cheers you good folk
Brien is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 members says Thank You to Brien for your post: