View Single Post
Unread 06-10-2002, 08:34 AM   #13
Imperial Arms
Banned

I am glad that the forum members are becoming more enthusiastic about using images to make there point clearer as well as to start off new subjects of great interest. I noticed that some of my images are being used from my website Imperial Arms which is acceptable to me.

I would like to kindly make two corrections which were wrongly stated about the 1900 British Test Luger #26 referring from detailed photos I took of this Luger in the Pattern Room, Nottingham in 1996. Firstly, this Luger is NOT 'GL' hallmarked as mentioned by Johnny Peppers and, Ron, it is not exactly pre-1900 because this Luger was delivered to the British around April-May 1901 for testing. It does have some pre-production characteristics such as the Borchardt boarderline grips; the double recoil spring retainer; the one millimeter longer firing pin; the unrelieved magazine bottom; and the engraved Swiss cross on the chamber. The toggle link is standard round like a 1900 model and the sear has probably been replaced as a result of its straw color.

I thought this information might he helpful to some of the Luger Forum members.

Albert
Imperial Arms is offline   Reply With Quote