View Single Post
Unread 06-14-2016, 11:53 AM   #37
Olle
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.T. View Post
Hi to all, Actually Olle, that is a standard Mauser K98 blade!
My bad, I just looked at the way it sticks out on the sides! Really, all these barrels need to be sighted in after installation, so it's better to use a sight that's too large rather than too small.

Another thing worth mentioning is that I milled the sight ramps to standard Luger height on all these barrels (IIRC 10mm off the centerline of the bore), so this should hopefully be a good reference if you have to trim the height.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepherder View Post
In theory, I can...The first hole of Oak Run Golf Club is 363 feet in back of me, the bullet would likely plow into the ground before that...Or hit a tree...My neighbors would likely complain. But several years back, I was at a car dealership and I was standing close to a Cadillac...After about 10 minutes of my standing there, it drove off...I had no idea it was running...

I don't know what year it was, but I never heard it. If I can find a muffler for that car, I'll make up a test bench in my tool shed to shoot through it...

(BTW, there was a large deer standing at the back door of that shed yesterday...Dog was out pooping, never noticed it...)
Most OEM mufflers are "turbo" style, but I'd say that a 2 1/2"-3" straight through race muffler would work. I think you said that you used Borlas on your Vette, so maybe you have one or two laying around?
The following member says Thank You to Olle for your post: