View Single Post
Unread 05-18-2016, 09:23 AM   #6
Eugen
User

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonVoigt View Post
Eugen,
one has to look with a blank mind to see those script letters, it would be an "L" except for that tiny little curl at the lower right!(My mind is frequently blank, so no problem for me.)

Evidently there are no "L" suffixes to be found on G date or E/154 mags.

There is a sticky somewhere with all this info on it, someone may have the link handy!
Don, you are correct about the cryptic German scripting on those "suffixes". I recall seeing a list of those somewhere and they are mind boggling. However, I was, for whatever reason, focused on the eagle symbol and the 154. I used my Gene Bender book entitled Holsters and accessories, and the Goetz and Sturgess three volume set that I recently acquired to research. (In case you are wondering, yes, I made a rookie error in buying the green edition instead of the red edition. I am learning fast though.)

I forgot to mention in my initial post that my 1942 was a Mauser "42" marked luger. I understood that neither mag 'matched' the gun, but I was at least hoping the mags were close to the period of the luger's manufacture and being military proofed.

Thanks again to all that contributed to properly identifying this mag for me.