Unread 03-21-2016, 08:05 PM   #10
npconnor
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhuff View Post
How does it shoot??
Finally got around to uploading a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAiGpEz23hw

Is there a way to embed videos on this forum?

100+ rounds down the pipe and not one failure. That makes me a happy camper. One of those hits is on a target about 80-90 yards away... must be the gun, not me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithacaartist View Post
The big one is that the small parts are blued when on this vintage they should be strawed. In fact, it would really perk up the pistol's looks to refresh them yourself--it's one of the easiest rehabs to do on a Luger. Look for the sticky or FAQ with details of this simple procedure.

Other clues include the blued end of the retaining pin for the toggle's knee joint--visible atop the left toggle knob. The joint was assembled after the parts were rust blued and should remain "in the white". Many refinishers don't take the time/trouble to disassemble the joint for refinishing and just blue the entire assembly. It would seem that some use the time saved to buff the rest of they gun even more severely!

Fortunately yours was not buffed heavily, if at all, and retains fairly crisp edges, corners, and markings. Due to the refinishing and lug removal, it is a shooter; nonetheless, you might want to conserve the original numbered parts that commonly break during use by swapping them out for repro stand-ins when shooting it.

Enjoy!
Wow! Thanks for all the information! What sub-forum is the FAQ/sticky on refreshing those parts located?

I had a good laugh at the bolded text!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luger.parabellum View Post
I think you didn't pay much at all, it has been messed about a bit undoubtedly, but it is a nice LUGER.

Best regards.
Thanks! Super happy with it now having taken it out shooting.

On another note to everyone reading:

Should I be using oil on the rails or grease?

What velocity ammo should I be using? I've got a LOT of Perfecta 9mm which seems to me as being pretty light loading. Is the Luger toggle action strong or weak? I read conflicting "facts" on the toggle being either super strong or delicate. This leaves me confused!

Thanks a lot to everyone, very happy with this Luger... who knows, maybe I'll try to add more in the future!

npconnor is offline   Reply With Quote