Thread: P-08 dealers
View Single Post
Unread 12-23-2015, 09:14 AM   #4
DonVoigt
User

Thanked 4,348 Times in 2,038 Posts

Hi and welcome,
for Imperial lugers, buy Jan Still's "Imperial Lugers", it is one of a four or 6 volume series, but is great and stand alone for the Imperial Lugers.

Expect to pay around $200, but it can save you much more on the first luger you buy!

Also go back and read ALL the posts here on the P 08; it will take a while, but be worth while.
You will learn that buying a "good" luger at a fair price is not quick or easy. You might get lucky, but more likely you will pay too much for a pistol with problems(experience talking here!)

Don't be afraid to ask questions here, but first learn the things you need to observe and record on a luger as information and what pictures to take.

You have two names of dealers, I'll add Legacy Collectables, they also stand behind their sales.
You will pay more from one of these dealers, 20 to 50% more than if you buy directly from a collector, or from someone here with something to sell.

You can get a very nice condition, collectible luger for less than $2k!

The "average" luger market is a little soft right now, I attribute it to the time of year- I've snagged some deals on the online auction sites- BUT you can get burned, so ask here about any potential purchase. Just be aware that others are after the good ones too!
The following 3 members says Thank You to DonVoigt for your post: