View Single Post
Unread 12-19-2015, 12:58 AM   #15
Olle
User

Update: Got it done this evening, just in time for the gun show tomorrow. I'll be selling guns together with a friend of mine, so I hope it will make people stop and look at our stuff.

This gun was pretty rough to begin with, and needed quite a bit of welding, filing, shaping etc. The grip frame was severely rusted, so the only thing I could do was to weld up the edges and call it a day. There's still pitting under the grips, but it should hopefully be in a more stable form now after being boiled and soaked in oil. The grips are repros from somewhere overseas, they needed a lot of massaging to fit and they are still not perfect, but at least they look decent.

I would like to thank Paladinpainter for his role in the project, he was gracious enough to send me his special bluing formula, and he also did some of the nitre bluing. The barrel was relined by Redman's, and all that's left now is to install a new recoil spring and it will be ready to test fire. I should have ordered that spring before I even started working on it, but....

Anyway, here she is:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Broomhandle C96 resto.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	55157  

Olle is offline   Reply With Quote