View Single Post
Unread 12-04-2015, 08:24 PM   #17
Olle
User

Jerry,

No disrespect, but I think one of the reasons you suspect a fake is the condition, and this might be that thing you can't put your finger on. If that's the case, I can't say that I blame you.

Even a slightly used holster without any wear does change in appearance, shape etc, and there are really not many original holsters in this condition to compare with. I looked at it again this afternoon, and while trying a gun in it I realized that the rub marks on the flap are from the leather it rubs against when it's closed. I can't see much of gun wear inside it, so maybe the lack of deformation from use is one of those details that bug you?

As you already know, holding a holster in your hand so you can look at it, touch it, feel it, sniff it, lick it etc. is totally different from looking at pictures, and this is why I'm thoroughly confused now. It looks old, feels old, smells old and I just cannot believe that somebody would be able to age a holster to look and feel like this. Let alone making a holster of this quality at a price that beats an original.

Like I have already said, it's not my holster so I don't have a dog in the fight. Now it's just a matter of my own curiosity and education, so I would really like to know what else you can see. Just let me know if you need more pictures, I would be happy to provide them. Just to satisfy my curiosity, I might even send it to you for examination.
Olle is offline   Reply With Quote