View Single Post
Unread 11-01-2002, 07:58 PM   #2
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,507 Times in 2,081 Posts
Being an American Eagle, brings the price up for a "shooter". Any Luger damaged, such as the scratches you stated, even if buffed out, would still look wrong and if someone buffed them out and reblued that area, then it would look really odd.

So, it is smarter to leave it as it is. I think, even as an American Eagle, that the price is a bit high. This is a commercial and not a test gun (serial number too high), so I think that the percent of bluing, up/down scratches & caliber, bring the price down, compared to one that was in better shape.

I could be wrong in my guess, but I would think the amount would be $700 or so, but it depends on what the market bears. Normal, reblued Lugers, or damaged, parts mismatched, etc., go from $450 to $600, depending on how well they were "restored" or simply reblued.

Can you provide pictures of it, when he decides to sell? That can give a better indication from people on the forum.

(Be aware, if you don't know, that all matching includes many interior parts also).
Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I, Vol II, Vol III and Vol IV

Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote