Unread 06-24-2015, 08:38 AM   #9
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,506 Times in 2,080 Posts

Quote:
You seem to me to be saying that "actualized" retail prices do not represent value. I hope you understand that the price realized, as I pointed out above, is the "value" of the item at the time of the sale.
Sorry, I don't agree. I assume you are an engineer for a living or the type?

There are many folks who have more money than god gave sense, and they will buy 'pretty' and from known names. Simpson and other well known dealers can get prices that you and I can't. So, value at the time is for RETAIL.

If you go to sell, you'll find that many times guns are not as liquid as you'd like, it might take 2 hrs to sell or 2 years, again depending on who is looking that day and how much time has passed (although I have seen a rare Simson sell at Rock Island for 3k and a year later double in 'value'; but have seen one sell for $5k and it not sell next time for $3k).

I sold a bolt for a rifle recently, I had lowered the price and then a friend told me to sell the bolt by itself without the receiver (no FFL involved) and doubled my asking price. The market can be very weird........
Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I, Vol II, Vol III and Vol IV

Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to Edward Tinker for your post: