View Single Post
Unread 04-25-2015, 10:19 PM   #33
Dick Herman
User

Default Another 1920 Carbine W/O Fore Stock

I was traveling when this thread was posted, so I was unable to put in my 2 cents. For what it is worth here is my observation and opinion.

Both the Jones and Kenyon reference books have been around for a very long time. Their information is useful and has been used and accepted be more contemporary authors. The 1920ish Luger carbine without a fore stock has been referenced since a time when there were fewer collectors and values that did not encourage counterfeiting.

One of the reasons for the fore stock spring assist on the 1902 carbines was the weaker leaf main spring. Due to the reciprocating mass of the 1902 carbine barrel and toggle top assembly the leaf main spring did not provide enough force for complete closure. The fore stock spring assist provided the additional force for complete battery closure. The later coil main spring provided enough force for complete battery.

What I am presenting here is a Model 1923ish Commercial American Eagle Carbine without a fore stock. The frame is marked Safe and the extractor is marked Loaded. The 11 3/4" Barrel with an adjustable rear sight is 7.65mm Parabellum. As stated above there is no Fore Stock. The serial number is 91273. Small parts have matching numbers. Proof marks are C/N. Country of origin, Germany, is marked in several places.

Last edited by Dick Herman; 04-25-2015 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Add Pictures
Dick Herman is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 members says Thank You to Dick Herman for your post: