View Single Post
Unread 03-15-2015, 06:34 PM   #1
sheepherder
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 4,440 Times in 2,328 Posts
Default RIA Apr 24-26 2015 Auction

Got a 16 page flyer for this Premier Firearms Auction on Saturday. No big catalog, and when I checked the RIA site Saturday, this auction wasn't listed yet. Doesn't seem to be online yet today either. "Over 2700 lots" the flyer states.

Couple of interesting handguns on the flyer. There is a half-page announcement for Ralph Shattuck's collection, but no pictures of his Lugers. I guess you have to buy the $60 catalog to get that.

My one bid from the last auction was listed on my sign-in page, with the hammer price. I was only off by $2,250...

I'll probably find something to bid on in this auction. I haven't won anything yet, maybe I'm due.

Edit: I just checked the RIA site with the last auction hammer prices posted...I was shocked to see that of the 10 - 12 Lugers I looked at, they ALL went for ~$1,500-$2,000 over the projected prices!!!

But two other non-Luger lots I looked at (but didn't bid on because they were 2-gun lots) went for well within my 'ceiling' even including 15% buyers premium...

I see my fault now...I'm bidding on the wrong guns...
sheepherder is offline   Reply With Quote