View Single Post
Unread 01-14-2015, 11:51 AM   #16
kurusu
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Sipple View Post
Well OK it looks like I will do the re-straw. Might take awhile for wife to be out of house when I use oven. I am puzzled by the correct toggle serial number without the "S" on the top. Could the German's have done this and re-serialized without the "S" ? I know there could be some forced matched parts with some other old rifles I have. The front part of the toggle piece where the firing pin fits is serialized with a matching "75" as well, and so is the firing pin, which is still "in the white". Its hard for me to get good photos of these pieces, but I'll try. Also I should mention the extractor claw which is removable above tiny spring also has the correct "75" on it, and seems to have the exact finish level and quality of the surrounding metal.
Finally, do you guys know of a really good Luger reference book out there ? And also Mauser C96, which I am also looking at ?
Thanks for all your help !
Bill
Not so strange. There's lots of parts around with those same last two digits, of course most of them are in the right pistol.
If the replaced part was from an S/42 it would be harder (but not impossible since the font changed over the years) to find out it had been replaced.
kurusu is offline   Reply With Quote