View Single Post
Unread 01-10-2015, 05:55 PM   #18
Sieger
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schutzenbob View Post
Also.....this morning I made a chamber cast of the barrel; the groove diameter at the throat measures about .315 and at the muzzle the diameter is about .312. The Hornady bullets are .309, so I can probably use .312 diameter bullets......however, why argue with success?
Schutzenbob,

I habe deine Name gern!

The original drawings for the 7.65mm did, after translation to inches, show .312 as the grove diameter. I've shot .312 to .313 lead bullets in my 7.65 Luger for decades. You might want to give the Hornady .312s a try, but make sure they chamber properly (go all of the way in). If your .309s are shooting accurately, I wouldn't argue with success either, as many "experts" always seem to enjoy doing. By the way, which powder are you loading?

I have outshot scoped rifles, at 100 yards, with my 1917 DWM 9mm, back in the late 1970s, when my eyes were still perfect.

With a good handload, at twenty five yards, over a sand bag, .5 inches is normal for a 9mm. People shooting the factory stuff, will, however, be disappointed with both accuracy and function, as much of this stuff is way to hot.

Lugers are accurate pistols!!!

Sieger
Sieger is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to Sieger for your post: