View Single Post
Unread 01-08-2015, 01:43 PM   #2
rhuff
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

I like loading with Unique Powder for many calibers, including 9mm. I have been using it longer than I want to admit to. I wish I could lay my hands on 10-15 lbs. of it, but it is a rare as hen's teeth in my area. I have had spotty reliability with fast powders like Red Dot and Bullseye in the P08 Luger. I can make it work, but not as good as the slower burners.

I usually load 9mm with 115gr FMJ bullets, and currently use 5.5gr of Unique. I see no problem with starting with 5.0-5.1gr of Unique with 124gr FMJ and going up until you get reliable functioning of your Luger. I would only load a few(10-12) at the starting load, as I don't believe that it will cycle your toggle train, but it might. Every Luger is it's own entity. You can increase your loads 0.1-0.2gr for each step and see how things go for you and your Luger. I would keep your OAL long as Lugers like it that way, but the rounds must fit your chamber and mags. A long OAL is a safety factor also, as it lowers the chamber pressures.

Let us know how things work out.
rhuff is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to rhuff for your post: