View Single Post
Unread 12-11-2014, 06:38 PM   #1
OldPilgrim
User

Default When was it made?

Hi guys,

A brand new, first time Luger owner here. I've been collecting guns for quite a few years have wanted a Luger for many years. Finally got one to go with my P38.

I just got a nice DWM, all matching numbers everywhere, 3 5/8 (?) barrel, crown over N, Germany marked version. Crown over N is on many parts. What's confusing to me is the crown is squat like the crown on the Navy versions, not like the taller crown with the N under it (Nitro proof) that shows in the Std Catalog pictures. It sure looks like the crown of the Navy version with the M under it but has the N instead of the M.

It has a wooden bottom mag, but the number on it doesn't match the gun number.

Sorry I can't get a decent pic of it at the moment.

It's all original, not refurbished/reblued and in very good condition, showing less than average wear.

Serial number is 8261 i .

I know how the numbering system works 1-10000 then the letter, but I can't find anything anywhere that says what years had what number/letter combination.

Can any point me to a place where I can find that info or tell me when it was made.

I've been reading everything I can get my hands on. I've just about memorized the Std Catalog, and still looking for more.

TIA
OldPilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote