View Single Post
Unread 11-05-2014, 10:43 PM   #56
Michael Zeleny
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sieger View Post
Again, it will be both interesting and challenging to discover the true source of the problem.
The balance of my life suggests bad luck.

To recap:
  1. I doubt that I've been limp-wristing. One of my favorite carry guns is a 3" Manurhin MR73 stuffed with six 158 gr full-tilt .357 Magnum pills. I hold my nines the same way I hold that medium-frame Magnum.
  2. I've tried all combinations in the Wolff tuning pack. (Correction: the recoil spring weights are 36, 38, and 40 lbs.) The pistol is like new inside. I've tried fresh MecGar mags tuned by GT and minty Haenel-Schmeisser mags. I find no indication of anything going awry, outside of shooting live ammo. I fire a single shot out of a good Luger with more speed and precision than out of any other modern firearm. It chaps my ass that I cannot follow up in kind.
  3. I do well with my LP08 Persian Artillery and a 10" pencil-barreled National Match W+F P06/29. Regrettably, they are ill-suited for defensive carry in virtue of bulk and rarity. A standard W+F 06/29, and a similarly sized 1906 Portuguese Mauser, perform nearly as well, but their defensive use is limited by the selection of 7.65mm Para ammo. I'm waiting on a 6" Werle-tuned Mauser P08 in 9mm Para without getting my hopes up.