Unread 09-04-2014, 12:50 AM   #8
ithacaartist
Twice a Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,482 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugerholsterrepair View Post
The one you show here..from these pics I don't like it. Do you have it in hand? There appears to be NO lip in the hole to grasp the follower button and hold the tool onto it for loading. Fake tools are often made this way and they just slip off the button. Could just be the pics but I don't see it. I also suspect the blue/black color and metal texture? Looks painted..I can't see the screwdriver tip well enough either...too dark.
In the eBay pic, the light is coming from overhead, slightly to the right and behind the tool--check out the shadows... The radius on the bottom of the button hole has a hint of a lip. Compare the edge there to one oriented the same way to the light, the upper right shoulder. eEven when you consider that the button hole, milled, will appear slightly sharper than the stamped edge of the shoulder, there's something more there. None of these photos is particularly revealing, due to bad angles, being out of focus, and glaring light.