View Single Post
Unread 08-15-2014, 04:06 PM   #52
rhuff
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffdropover1 View Post
Sorry to disagree, but I believe that these particular hollow point bullets are not well liked by my Luger. (Or my friend's Luger) They are Hornady XTP. This has a flat point jacketed hollow point. I loaded them to 1.166 OAL when the manuals say 1.175 is max. for OAL. I have some .86 grain bullets coming from Midway that measure .308 and some .93 grain from Western that measure .309. I am looking forward to finally having the correct bullet to load and am sure I will be successful here. And finally to rhuf--how about sharing your load data--powder type and amount of grains for those bullets you get from Western? It sure might make my life a bit easier. Thanks to all for the help.

My loads for the Western Bullet are:

(1) 93gr LRN Bullseye 4.0gr @ 1.150+/- OAL This loading is reported as being a duplicate of factory loading.

(2) 93gr LRN Unique 5.1gr @ 1.157+/- OAL I have not been able to fully test this load, but have high hopes for it.

These loads are NEAR/AT MAX LOADINGS, so back off 10% from my numbers of powder loads, and work them up for your Luger.

Good luck, and keep us informed as to outcome.
rhuff is offline   Reply With Quote