View Single Post
Unread 07-19-2014, 12:34 PM   #19
jbf22
User

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepherder View Post
Ron is subtly suggesting that you attach pics directly to your thread. The forum members with the most to contribute to your knowledge base are behind corporate/government/military firewalls which block outside social photo-storage sites such as PhotoBucket, Flickr, SmugMug, Google, etc. IOW, they can't see your pics. Their employers pay for their Internet access and in most cases their PC/laptop, so it is not convenient for them to change ISPs.

Furthermore, linking outside sources means that this forum does not have your pics in local storage. They are not accessible in the future if your outside site changes format , location, or goes down (for whatever reason).

We hope you understand. Attaching pics here is not a difficult undertaking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Sabato View Post
What it means is some local armorer applied the Required marking and misinterpreted the directions. Armorers may be mechanically inclined but they weren't necessarily sharpest knife in The drawer.
The photos are on Flickr because there are to many to embed and there is a size restriction on photos here where as on Flickr I can post the largest highest resolution photos possible. If the "forum members with the most to contribute to your knowledge base are behind corporate/government/military firewalls" thats not really my problem if they are inclined to visit forums and share their knowledge I'm sure they can wait till they are at home on a personal PC. I posted on here to hopefully find out something I didn't already know the only person to help at all was the gentleman posting about the unit markings. Everything else as I had feared has been speculation by people that have no concrete evidence. Just a little information on what I have done thus far, I brought this firearm to Bob Simpson in Galesburg IL he happens to be very highly regarded on Lugers, he was unable to tell me what the significance of /20 was so unless someone has actual knowledge on it that is concrete not speculative I'd prefer no comment at all. Bob also was who informed me that this was a genuine German shoulder holster. So when you have 900 Lugers of your own including Luger number 1 and have sold presentation grade baby Lugers I'll value your opinion, but until then you'll have to forgive me for not thinking a single sentence post on a forum carries any weight. I was hoping someone here could atleast point me in the right direction on this gun, but as I had feared just as with most forums, alot of opinion and very little fact!
jbf22 is offline   Reply With Quote