Unread 05-05-2014, 08:32 AM   #28
ithacaartist
Twice a Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,482 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildKarrde View Post
A background check just to buy ammo!? Geeze... so glad I didn't move back to NY when I had the chance.
I'm not sure it's even up and running--I haven't purchased any ammo since last year. Some places used to ask to see a pistol permit when pistol ammo was purchased. Wal Mart was one that did. I'll find out if the regulations are being applied now and report back.

We don't need a list of gun owners, it is obvious now because many have signs posted on their front lawns "Repeal the NY S.A.F.E. Act". One of life's little ironies, in that there was such an uproar over the Westchester(?) County list of permit holders that was published. Now, those who do post a sign are revealing themselves as gun owners. But I guess in this case, it's a choice made by each individual, not imposed by others.

I've thought about leaving, but would need to prune many roots, at this point. Sad when the gov't makes it difficult to enjoy one's passion AND be near family and friends. Maybe I should have stayed in Texas 40 years ago, but then again, maybe somebody needs to stay in NY to resist/counter this idiotic legislation?