View Single Post
Unread 05-03-2014, 03:44 PM   #3
Sieger
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukem556 View Post
Good luck on that, Sieg...as you know, powder is pretty much non-existent on the shelves these days. Of the powders you listed, the only one I've see even a single can of in over a year was the Vihtavouri, and they wanted 39.00 a pound for it. The manufacturers have been "instructed" to tell us the factories are working 24/7 producing ammo and components and that demand is snapping up the supply as soon as its available. Uh huh. Well, I shoot Service Rifle, Long range Rifle, IDPA, and Sihlouette matches.....between those hundreds of guys and folks I know on numerous boards, NO ONE is getting anything. SO, where is it? One of the official excuses is there are lots of new gunowners and shooters as a result of the events of the past few years. Fine, but you know well that fewer than 5% of those novices have bought presses, primers and powder and started reloading.
This is the new normal...you cant take their guns, dry up their ammo. DOD just announced they're going to DESTROY over a billion dollars worth of small arms ammo because 'they lost track of the lot numbers and don't know how old it is". Total BS. When I was in Germany, we were firing .50cal ammo dated 1944.
Hi,

There is a little hand between the manufacturers and the wholesalers buying all of the powder.

One guess as to just whom this little hand belongs!?!

Oh, the DOD is going to destroy ammo worth over a billion? Is that a great surprise to any of us? The powder they are probably dumping in the ocean somewhere.

Someone really big, like the NRA, needs to get to the bottom of this latest fraud!!! This is, obviously, an action taken by the government against our rights guaranteed by the Second Amendment, and, by the way, at our own expense.

Someone needs to go to jail for this one!!!

Sieger
Sieger is offline   Reply With Quote