View Single Post
Unread 04-24-2002, 11:46 PM   #8
Hugh
RIP

Default Re: Armadillos :D

Roadkill,

A 32 is definitly not enough gun. You need a Long bbl 30 Luger loaded with hot 60 gr Gold Dots. It will make them jump about 4 feet high and come down dead. They are night animals and will bite. However they are shy and will usually slowly shuffle away if they see you. They have poor eyesight and if you are quiet and move slowly you can sneak up pretty close to them. They cannot climb trees, but can dig like h---. My yard is full of holes where they have dug up grubs to eat.

They taste like pork ( so I'm told by those whose appetites are braver than mine). They are not poisonous, but are known to be carriers of Leprosy.They will not attack when wounded, unless they have recently raided a Lonestar Beer Truck. The Texas version, which naturally is much larger than the ordinary run-of-the-mill 'dillo, has been known to gang up and overturn Lonestar Beer trucks and go on drunken sprees. A drunken Texas Armadillo is something to be reckoned with! It is advisable to give it a wide birth. It is not known why they only attack Lone Star Beer trucks and ignore trucks carrying other brands. Some kind of "Texas Thing" I suppose. I have been told that fresh "roadkill" is more tender than those taken by other means. I suppose if one was run over by a Humvee, it would be even more tenderized!