Unread 02-08-2014, 05:06 PM   #19
rhuff
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD View Post
Sieger,

Thanks for the Power Pistol load suggestion. I'll put it in my list of loads to try. It is always nice to get suggested loads that have been shown to work well.

The 7.5 grains of Blue Dot with a 124 grain bullet isn't a warm load at all. Blue Dot is a slow powder and that load only produces 1,080 fps (chronographed out of one of my Sig 226's). It's really just a standard pressure load. I've loaded 8 grains (not for a luger) and it's still a standard pressure load. It does depend on what bullet you are using and what seatting depth.

Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!

This all depends on which reloading manual you are using. In Lyman's 49th, your 7.5gr of BD load is over max load for 124gr FMJ. If you are using Speer Manual, then you are loading in the "middle of the road".

On loads like this, I usually try to get 3-4 different manuals for the powder and the bullet, and sort of extrapolate where I want to start developing the load, and what I consider the max loading. We all do things our own way, but being safe is paramount to me.
rhuff is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to rhuff for your post: