View Single Post
Unread 02-03-2014, 01:58 PM   #54
318is_Parabellum
User

.22 long rifle is difficult to find now, and when one does find it, quantities are extremely limited. Another major firearms forum has come up with an amusing (if somewhat derogative) nickname for the same handful of guys that seemingly go from store to store, buy up all the .22lr, and flip it on Gunbroker and/or gun shows: "neckbeards".

Personally, I find these "men" despicable, as they are purely profiteers, not shooters or even ammo hoarders. Usually, the "neckbeards" are guys drawing some sort of government check, thus they have the time and money to lurk around Wal-Mart/Bass-pro/Dick's/etc. and snatch the available ammo as soon as it is taken off the delivery truck.

I'm sitting on about 3.5k of .22lr ammo of different types, and I refuse to buy from these hucksters. I'll carry on shooting my .22 cb caps with my Browning A-bolt, or my Heym single-shot k98 trainer. My semi-auto StG 44 in .22lr stays in the safe. Sad.

ETA: I'm all for capitalism, but this is a new thing, and ugly. I don't begrudge those who've earned their 'check', either. My cousin, with whom I am very close, is a disabled Navy vet. That said, SSI Disability fraud is a way of life here in Appalachia and it engenders a lot of resentment from those of us that are more or less able-bodied but struggling, thanks to this crappy economy.

Last edited by 318is_Parabellum; 02-03-2014 at 06:55 PM. Reason: clarity
318is_Parabellum is offline   Reply With Quote