sheepherder
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 4,440 Times in 2,328 Posts

In a related thread, rhuff said -

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhuff View Post
I sure will be glad when ALL of the gun/ammo related suppliers can get caught up and actually have some inventory. This mess has dragged on for waaaaay too long in my way of thinking.
Here's a funny...One of my two LGS's will actually order ammunition/brass/powder and pay [pass on] the $20 UPS shipping surcharge (on top of the actual S&H charge). NYS now requires a NICS check for every powder purchase. But there is no infrastructure for it - no guideline on how/where to log the NICS check, no actual log book. No special permit requirement for the buyer. No way to show the NICS check was ever conducted. Only a bylaw that the seller can not charge more than $10 [extra!] for the NICS check. When I was in buying primers (they didn't have the powder I wanted) they told me they would sell powder as they always had until they received the proper paperwork & instructions from the state.

Governor Michael Cuomo passing 'executive legislation' (bypassing the state legislature) without having the means to implement it. At last check, the State Police (who he entrusted with regulation of the magazine/assault weapon enforcement) still didn't have the paperwork to register 'assault weapons' or 10+ cap magazines as he has mandated...

My tax dollars in action!!! I feel so safe now!!!
sheepherder is offline   Reply With Quote