View Single Post
Unread 01-12-2014, 11:35 AM   #2
ithacaartist
Twice a Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,482 Times in 1,323 Posts

These elements come and go, as far as availability is concerned. There have been posts about bullets in the Shooting and Reloading section, and quite a few possibilities for bullets have been discussed.

Yeah, Triple K is kinda junky. Best to stick with Mec-Gar for shooting, or perhaps a couple original mags beefed up for great performance by G.T. (on the forum). A couple of times, I've won "new, factory" aftermarket mags on eBay or Gunbroker, which looked decent in the pics, but turned out to be Triple K, or worse--not worth even the low price at which they can be bought.

Unfortunately, it would appear the days of ordering ammo online are gone in NY state. The SAFE Act now requires a background check for ammo sales. It's a good thing I acquired rounds of .30 Luger before this madness was precipitated upon us. I think they're having trouble implementing the plan, as anyone with half a brain could have predicted, because this is quit a burden for any retailer who wants to sell ammo. Last time I was checking WalMart for WWB in 9mm, there was a little sign taped up to inform us that a pistol permit is required for purchases of pistol ammo.

I believe that patience and active searching will pay off for you. When you encounter an element you seek at a decent price, jump right on it because it usually doesn't last very long. In between times, we'll see lots of posts from newer members who ask the same questions. I think reloading is a fine solution to the problem (especially for New Yorkers) because you can eventually work up a load recipe for a round that maximizes your pistol's capability to be accurate, and also shoots really sweet.