View Single Post
Unread 11-25-2013, 10:50 PM   #9
Geo99
User

Mike,

Like Ed said, to get a proper guesstimate, you need some better pictures - full right, full left, full top, front of frame, and rear of frame.

At first glance your pistol looks beautiful, but a more careful observation reveals some inconsistencies. Based in what I can see in these pics, this looks to me like an incorrectly refinished Luger.
The sear safety rivet/pin is blued, but these are never blued.
The trigger, extractor, and safety lever are strawed (or painted?), which is incorrect - these small parts should all be blued the same as the finish on the rest of the gun.

The GESICHERT (safe) stamping is too white and so looks to be very recent. It could be a white lacquer pen filler that you someone put on it, but that kind of conflicts with the "hasn't been touched for over 60 years" idea.

Also from what I can see in these limited pictures, there is ZERO wear in the spots that should have some wear - combine this with all of the above, and it looks very suspicious to me.

You say it has been untouched for over 60 years - do you know that for certain? I mean it is possible, but I would seriously doubt the refinish/strawing was done in the late 40s/early 50s.

The fact that you have 3 matching police marked magazines with the police modified pistol does indicate the mags are original since the time it was re-issued to the police, so that is a plus.

Last edited by Geo99; 11-25-2013 at 11:40 PM.
Geo99 is offline   Reply With Quote