Thread: Luger DWM #887
View Single Post
Unread 10-03-2013, 02:50 PM   #1
iksa
New User

Default Luger DWM #887

Dear Experts,

My name is Janne and I am writing from Finland. I decided to write this forum because I believe that some of You may have a some deep knowledge that I am interested. My deepest apologies if I have selected a wrong sub forum for this thread.

My father died recently and one thing he left behind is a Luger pistol with markings DWM 887. My father owned this pistol with legal license and before that it belonged to my grandfather (officer in Finnish army in WWII). Now the pistol is physically safe kept by Finnish police officer. Due to the tight gun laws in Finland, it is very high likely that the pistol will be melted (or deactivated). I cannot apply a normal license because it is obvious that this gun has not nothing do to with sport or hunting (at least the police officers think so).

But what I can and will do, I can try to get a "memorial license" for the pistol. Not for shooting or not for buying an ammunition; only to upkeep the history. But this kind of license is licensed quite rarely; one must have good justifications; "nice to have" is definitely not enough.

So, for my application, I try to collect as much information as possible; where it comes from, where it has been, why it is important for me and my family etc.

I believe that You may could know something about the history of this gun, for example something like: year of manufacturing (before year 1908?), place of manufacturing (Karlsruhe?), how many those were fabricated by DWM (900 000?)? Any information would be useful.

Some poor mobile phone images (sorry that I can't provide here pictures with better focus):
http://jikonen.pp.fi/Luger/

Thank You for Your assistance;
Janne
Finland
iksa is offline   Reply With Quote