Thread: 1918 S/42 Luger
View Single Post
Unread 04-10-2002, 02:00 PM   #7
Matt Hoffman

Default Re: 1918 S/42 Luger

Thanks for the helpful responces everyone. I looked for more symbols on the gun, and only found some on the barrel and breech lock(?). I put took pics of them and added them to the page with the others...I tried to compare them to some in the technical info section and they didn't seem to be Third Reich.

If that's the case, I'm glad to find out that it's a shooter rather than a collectible. It was my dad's, so I'd keep it either way, but I'd like to appreciate it by firing it as well. I've also got a Beretta 92FS that I'll be learning how to shoot by taking some classes at the local gun range, and I have a friend who's a former Sheriff's deputy who said he'd help. After I get more familiar with handling that weapon, I'll spend some time with the Luger. I've got a shop in mind that I think could be helpful in making sure it's safe to fire. They have lot of different types of guns there and plenty of older ones.

Thanks again for the info, and if you think of anything else, please speak up...I'll definitely be sticking around and reading this forum. This is a beautiful weapon and I look forward to using it someday soon.

Matt