View Single Post
Unread 09-14-2013, 09:40 PM   #51
mystical_tutor
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Tinker View Post
Actually, yes, he was, I think he just runs the biz now - http://www.legacy-collectibles.com

My books are available from Simpson's LTD and I have copies of all of them for sale.

Values vary, but any Navy (average shooter condition) is worth $2,000 - so one in very nice shape, you can easily double that. But everything depends on the models and I have not read the posting close enough and today I am too lazy
Ed:
Thanks, nice web site, wish that webmaster was doing my site for me--the guy I have now just doesn't get things done.

I think both of my navies are quality pieces from what I have been able to find on sites. For the purpose of this show I put each of them at 6K, mainly to reduce tire kicking.

Wasn't necessary, the show is a flop. With all the flooding we have had many people are just not going places right now and many others thought the show would be closed because of confusion about what highways are closed. Hwy 24 going West has been close off and on for several days and people don't want to risk coming to Colorado Springs and not being able to go home.

so a show that always has 50-100 people standing at the door on day one for it to open, we had 10 or so. Did have a lot of time to talk to dealers and got a lot of positive input.

there isa "Military Only" one day show in Denver in a couple weeks, plan to go there. The organizer that I live close to here in the springs said he had a few people he would send my way.

Didn't sell a thing but have 5 people bringing me Lugers tomorrow to find out what they are so I will have a great day just getting to talk to them.

Thanks for all your help and I'll mention you when I contact Tom in a week or so, if that is ok with you. Not "name dropping" just trying to let him know you make referrals.

Gary
mystical_tutor is offline   Reply With Quote