View Single Post
Unread 04-08-2002, 06:34 PM   #1
66mustang

Default Gun Shop from Heaven?

hello all;

normally I wouldn't talk a bout a gun shop, but this one had all kinds of cool guns. It is in Bellevue Nebraska, and you can't just buy a gun off the shelf, you have to have a permit. Three Lugers, all 9 mm, each this is what is marked on the tag, one a commerical, no marking on the top for date, matching at first glance, 8 inch barrel $1,395, very nice shape, they said it wasn't a reblue, but it looks like one to me. A mismatch, in okay shape, well, okay might be stretching it, for $650 and a Weimar Police Proofed 1920, 4 inch, serial 9382a marked 1920 and DWM, for $825, seems like it is probably 85% and has some strawing left in pretty good shape. The last one was the one I liked.

They had all kinds of nomral guns, a chromed Dreyse for $395! And a blued one like mine for $165? Guess the chrome makes it special? Then a nice .45 Colt double action, probably from the early 1900-1920 era. Lots of Winchesters.

I bought a box of 25 French made 9 mm marked 25 Cartouchees, J Petavy Aro Paris for $5.25, then bought some old Peters .22 for $4.00 standard velocity the green boxed ones, and $8.00 for high velocity, the blue boxed ones. Then they had a bunch of the 20 cartridges hand written 28, so I think they are from 1928, the boxes are sealed, say, Powder, bulls eye no 2 army lot 91 Frankford Arsenal. They were $15 each, i am tempted to get more, they had 3 or 4 more. Plus some from the 30's that had just the bullet heads? I had never seen those before, same size as the 20 rounders, but have 40 bullets.

so, it was a nice afternoon,

ed