View Single Post
Unread 04-08-2002, 10:14 AM   #7
Wm. "Pete" Ebbink

Default 2nd. Day, Tulsa Gun Show...

With my feet well rested, I finished the tour of the Tulsa Gunshow.

1. Saw Bob Adam's table as well as the FGS folks.

2. Met Ron Woods of the Forum in person and introduced him to Tom Heller.

3. Ralph and Nancy came with 10-12 lugers and by Sunday afternoon, were leaving with nearly 29 new lugers Ralph "vacuumed up" as he says...

4. Correction to my first post. The great luger exhibit I mentioned belongs to a fellow named Jim Eckers (or Eggers...); not Atkins. Ron Woods, Bob Adams, and Jim apparently traveled together from NM...

5. Show was great for luger book hunting and buying. Got some nice nearly new luger books for descent prices...

6. Saw a table where a guy sells miniturized lugers in all varieties with cases, trommel magazines, stocks, etc. Starting price was nearly $ 2200 for a basis P-08. Sorry I forgot to get the vendor's name...I was sort of in shock when I heard the pricing...these pieces were scaled down to maybe 1/5 size and were fully functioning but woud not shoot (if small ammo was available...)

7. A collector named Mulligan (?) and his wife Bonnie had an excellent exhibit-only table with lots of mint lugers. 60-70 or so. Does anyone know these folks...? A really nice collection !!! I was so envious...

For those who have never gone to Tulsa, this is a show that needs to be done, at least once in a lifetime !