View Single Post
Unread 08-21-2013, 03:42 PM   #10
Stucki
User

Bobba's text is based on the the books of Häusler and Rutsch and Rutsch is probably based on Häusler. I suppose that Häusler has made his own observations and collected SN. He writes, that we can find wide triggers between SN 3900 and 5000.

However, Sturgess who has made a lot of first hand research, has the opinion, that wide triggers were used above approximately SN 3500.

The Director of Waffenfabrik Bern writes on 17 October 1903 in a letter to the Kriegsmaterialverwaltung (Ordonance Department), that on 2 May 1903 he got the drawings of the wide trigger from G. Luger/DWM. And he also mentioned, that in 1903 the Waffenfabrik will assemble pistols with SN 3501 to 4000. (according to a document in the Swiss National Archive)

Therefore I think that the Waffenfabrik began to assemble pistols with wide triggers earliest with SN 3501. Earlier pistols were assembled by DWM and I think they all had originally normal triggers.

However, as I allready said, it's possible that the Waffenfabrik changed triggers of earlier pistols afterwards. Especially when the owner of the gun would have brought his pistol to the Waffenfabrik with a appropriate request.

Alexander
Stucki is offline   Reply With Quote