View Single Post
Unread 08-17-2013, 05:17 PM   #1
Teddydog
User

Default Erma .22LR Conversion kit

Anyone know much about these? I came up with one today and I'm trying to find out all I can, including current value. I've posted on a couple of other forums, but since this is THE Luger forum, I thought I'd mention it here as well.

I know they were made starting in the 1920s or 30s through about 1940 for the German military and police. Those earlier units came in wooden boxes and were often property marked by either the police agency or the Army. Then they were started again after the war. Mine is one of the ones made and imported post-War (1950-60s). It is like new in a good condition green cardboard box, complete with manual and part list. Very cool item. I've heard that some came with a cleaning or clearing rod and my box seems to have a place for one, but I don't have it. I don't think the parts list shows one either. Serial number is in the 200 range.

I have found the basic info, but no luck with firm actual current value. Some have said that they really don't work very well, others have said they work just find. I guess there aren't all that many floating around and they don't come up for sale that often. Simpson LTD has a couple on their site with asking prices of $695 and up, but I don't know if that is realistic or absurd. Others have commented that Simpson's prices are current for the market.

Anyway...here it is:

BTW...I paid WAAAY less than $695 for this. If it really is worth upwards of $500, I may have to change my plans and sell it to a collector rather than play with it. (My one Luger is a Russian-capture gun, so I'm not too worried about shooting it a little bit).

Any and all comments are welcome!

Rob
Teddydog is offline   Reply With Quote