Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,506 Times in 2,080 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by postino View Post
I have no problem with suggested alternatives, and am still open to options...Just that none are practical in my rural area...I could write a long thread on getting/waiting on cable install lists, town ordinances against tree trimming for sat connection (only two sats visible at 35º above the horizon), DSL only available with the bundle that I have no need for but can't get anyway being more than three miles from the telco 'office', no FIOS in my area, local telco still upgrading from aluminum lines to copper, specific operating system required by broadband provider (no Linux!), local weather limiting sat connections...Lots more...

I keep investigating new ways to connect; the Tether is a good example, but I am limited to 5GB per month with that...And GB will suspend my account [again!] if I use it on their site...

Sorry...It was my feeble attempt at humor...

Edit: Here's an interesting thread on the webmaster's forum about percentage of users still on dial-up and why...

http://www.webmasterworld.com/webmaster/4087174.htm

It's still not clear how many aren't on broadband connections (or can't get it) or where these numbers come from...Is it 35% of the general population??? 35% of telephone users??? Or 35% of the surveyed households extrapolated to the general populace???
I understand

On this forum it is not a big deal, on Jan's forum, he wants all members to have state or if out of the USA their country. I have been tempted more than once to ban (temp) everyone who insists on putting in USA

Sometimes I just want to be bad and play by the rules, weird I know ....
Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote